Friday, December 7, 2007

"krispy"

Sigh. Yet more proof that I am woefully ignorant of pop culture. I only just today discovered The Urban Dictionary. I love the fact that users can vote thumbs up or down on a definition, and the one with the best up-to-down ratio gets ranked first.

I discovered this because a colleague of mine swears he caused the tipping point of the urban usage of “krispyin white, nerd sub-culture (in Buffalo, at least). I’d be shocked if anyone wanted to challenge him for that title, so I’ll give it to him uncontested.

Now, who the hell is Rihanna?

No comments:

TV Linguistics - Pronouncify.com and the fictional Princeton Linguistics department

 [reposted from 11/20/10] I spent Thursday night on a plane so I missed 30 Rock and the most linguistics oriented sit-com episode since ...