Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jason Wins, hehe

As if it wasn’t obvious, I decided to reiterate Jason’s point from the previous post, regarding the ante-previous post by taking my post and running through Google’s English to Italian translation. A thing of beauty, haha. Enjoy:

Invece di commentare i miei commenters per quanto riguarda il mio post Blog di Amore, stile italiano, ho deciso di fare questo è un post --

In risposta a Jason's acerbic commento "Credo che la più grande macchina di traduzione è stato solo uno scherzo, la pubblicazione della traduzione automatica. :) ",

Con la presente risposta nel seguente modo:

Non essere talkin 'trash' bout mio prezioso Google traduzioni; senza di loro, non potrei mai leggere la mia e-mail amico spagnolo Ana invia. Il suo inglese è peggiore di quella di Google traduzioni, in modo I'll take Google (rimshot!).

E lei non crede che ci sia qualcosa di poetico nella prima riga. Ho potuto vedere alcuni 20th Century poeta americano Wallace Stevens iscritto come questo:

Abbiamo aspettato mesi e mesi
In attesa di Titlepage dolce,
Il sito dovrebbe offrire conversazioni
(E perché non parlare)
Ardente e appassionato editoriale
Le ultime notizie, un nuovo modello
Algonquin Round Table

1 comment:

Jason M. Adams said...

Woot!

Say, that reminds me of a paper I ran across, how machine translation can't be evaluated by translating sentences into a target language and then back again.

It seems fairly obvious to me that that would fail, mainly because MT doesn't usually work bidirectionally. Trying to evaluate it this way is trying to evaluate two systems at once and that hardly seems helpful.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the paper and the link is eluding me..

TV Linguistics - Pronouncify.com and the fictional Princeton Linguistics department

 [reposted from 11/20/10] I spent Thursday night on a plane so I missed 30 Rock and the most linguistics oriented sit-com episode since ...