Monday, December 14, 2009

Without The Hats

Ingrid at Language on the Move blog reports that the Student Council at Zayed University in the UAE is conducting a poll to see which languages students want to see offered, and Korean is winning (HT Research Blogging).

Rarely do language students get an actual say in institutional offerings and a current polling initiative by the Student Council at Zayed University is therefore the more exciting. This internal poll has been running for a couple of days and I can’t take my eyes of it: for a sociolinguist this is like Melbourne Cup Day without the hats!

Needless to say, I had to google Melbourne Cup Day.

No comments:

TV Linguistics - Pronouncify.com and the fictional Princeton Linguistics department

 [reposted from 11/20/10] I spent Thursday night on a plane so I missed 30 Rock and the most linguistics oriented sit-com episode since ...